AdastraXP Ltd Terms & Conditions
"we”, “us”, “our”, means Adastraxp Ltd, a company registered under the laws of England and Wales, registration number 07617056, and having its registered address at 1 Dixon Close, Aylesbury, HP21 8FU, United Kingdom.
“you” and “your” means the party making the booking for a product on the Website;
"the Website" means AdastraXP.com on which the Products are made available;
“Product” or “Products” mean the courses and experiences such as hospital or clinic work, sightseeing tours, cruises, ferry crossings, coach tours, transfers and any other work experience, work placements, travel or related products as from time to time are made available by us for booking on the Website.
Acceptance of agreement
The pages on the Website and the content referenced therein and the online booking service provided are owned and operated by us and are provided for your private use only, subject to the terms and conditions set out herein.
By making a booking through the Website you enter a direct and binding legal and contractual relationship with us.
Scope of provision by us
We or our suppliers provide the Products displayed on the Website including, where specified:
- Meet and greet at the airport and transfer to your accommodation on or near the hospital campus and return transfer to the airport after your experience
- Transport for all outings and excursions
- All meals, refreshments, drinking water, and accommodation and linen for the duration of the course/experience(s)
- Limited access to internet when mobile network coverage is available
- All costs of any included weekend excursion including National Park entry fees, accommodation, entertainment, meals and drinking water
- Chaperone service throughout the duration of the course/experience(s)
- Supervised work shadow experience at a hospital
- Notice of the specific hospital you will attend 30 days prior to your arrival subject to change
- All course materials including lab coats, gloves and protective clothing when required
The following are always excluded:
- Air travel to and from the international airport where your course starts and ends
- Travel insurance which is compulsory and which must cover the insured for working in a hospital
- Visa fees
- All relevant inoculations - note that yellow fever inoculation is a pre- requisite for entry into some countries. Please refer to your national guidelines for appropriate inoculations required
- Toiletries and sanitary products
- All other necessities other than those specifically included in the scope of our provision as set out in these terms and conditions
Prices are per person for the Product as displayed on the Website. including all taxes (subject to change of such taxes), unless stated differently on the Website
Attendees must be at least 16 years old on the date the course commences.
You warrant that:
- you are at least 18 years old and have the authority to make this booking and enter into this contract on behalf of the persons who will attend;
- the person attending the course will be at least 16 years old on the date the course commences;
- the parents or guardians of the person attending have consented to their attendance if the person attending will be under the age of 18 on the day the course commences.
Travel Insurance, inoculations and high-risk individuals
You are responsible for ensuring and warrant that each attendee in terms of this booking;
- has received all the inoculations recommended by the relevant authorities in your home country for travel to the destination of your course and working in a medical setting there and
- you have consulted your physician and advised him/her that the attendee will be traveling to rural areas and game reserves and will be working in a health care setting and that the attendee has followed the advice given by your physician in respect of inoculations and will diligently follow the advice given in respect of any prophylaxis recommended;
- has/have appropriate personal travel insurance for the duration of the course which covers medical expenses, injury, death and repatriation of mortal remains and that cover provided by any such policy includes the activities included in the course and specifically work experience in a hospital and community-health setting;
- does not have any medical conditions that may inhibit his/her ability to complete the course, which shall include severe sight or hearing impediments and physical disability (note that the locations are not equipped or suitable for disabled attendees);
- does not have any or severe allergies such that might give rise to anaphylaxis or similar emergencies (no provision for food allergies is possible on these work experience courses);
- will book flights to the starting point of the course on a fully flexible and fully refundable basis.
Participation and disciplinary procedures
You agree that upon confirmation of your booking you will complete and sign the information form and medical consent forms that we will send to you and return them to us promptly. If the attendee is aged 18 years or older then they must sign the medical consent form themselves. The information and consents are required for us to have the legal authority to supervise persons aged under 18 and to obtain medical care for them if that should be necessary.
Course attendees agree to comply with the timetables of their course (i.e. be on time and present for departures, meals and lessons) and accept the authority and abide by instructions of their various course leaders such as their chaperone, tour guide and medical personnel while attending their course.
If, in the opinion of any such leader, an attendee is:
- in any way not adhering to the conduct rules of the course, or
- endangering the safety of other attendees, leaders or providers of service, or
- disrupting or preventing the orderly, happy conduct and progress of the course, or
- exhibiting discriminatory behaviour (including making racist, abusive or offensive statements or remarks) or
- being undisciplined in any wat whatsoever, or
- found in the possession of or to be using alcohol or illegal substances (including cannabis)
then we may exclude the offending attendee from all or part of the tour and/or require them to leave the tour and return home subject to safe travel arrangements being secured at the cost of the offending party, provided that the offending party shall:
- be given a written warning and opportunity to desist from such behaviour before action to exclude is initiated and further,
- if the offending behaviour persists, be given a second written warning including the threat of the specific sanctions consequent to non-compliance such as exclusion and/or repatriation and
- if subsequently excluded, be given the opportunity to appeal to our in-country co-ordinator who will facilitate a swift informal hearing to reconsider the decision.
In the case of persons aged under 18 years, parents/guardians will be sent copies of the warnings.
Privacy and Cookies
Payment of product fee
Bookings can be paid for in whole or in instalments during the booking process by means of secure online payment through our website.
The cancellation policy set out below applies to all payments made by you.
Cancellation, late arrival/ early departures/ no-show and non-payment
By making a course booking with us you accept and agree to the following cancellation policy:
- Up until the 14th day after first booking you may cancel without providing any reason for a full refund of all payments;
- After the 14th day after first booking the registration fee is non-refundable;
- Up to 120 days before the booked course commences there will be a cancellation fee of £290;
- Up to 90 days on the before the booked course commences there will be a cancellation fee of £890;
- Up to 60 days before the booked course commences there will be a cancellation fee of £1090;
- Less than 60 days before the booked course commences or in the event of a no show, late arrival or early departure no refund will be given;
- Where payment has not been made in full by 30 days prior to the course commencement date the booking shall be deemed to have been cancelled by you and no refund shall be made;
- If a booking is cancelled or deemed to have been cancelled without a full refund and all available places for courses starting on the same date as the course that was cancelled are subsequently fully booked i.e. the cancelled booking is resold, then a full refund shall be made excluding the non-refundable registration fee.
Cancellation notifications should be sent by email to info@AdastraXP.com; by mail to AdastraXP LTD, 1 Dixon Close, Aylesbury HP21 8FU, United Kingdom. If you will be arriving late or have delayed arrival on the commencement date or will only arrive the next day, make sure to call us as soon as possible so that we know when to expect you and meet you to avoid automatic cancellation of your booking.
Days shall be calculated as ending at 5pm (17:00) GMT and email notices shall be deemed to have been received by us at the time an email receipt is recorded on the AdastraXP.com email server.
Changes by you
You may request changes by contacting us by email at info@AdastraXP.com. Permitted changes up to 120 days before the booked course commences include substitution of the person booked on the course (change of name) or a change of date if places are available on the new date requested. An administration fee of £60 is payable for changing a booking and the change request will not be executed prior to receipt of the fee.
After 120 days before the booked course commences changes of course dates can only be done by cancellation of the booked course subject to the cancellation policy and re-booking as required.
We are not liable for any refunds nor for any losses nor compensation where the performance of our obligations under this agreement, or injury, disability, death, damage to property or loss or expense of any kind is incurred as a result of force majeure which, without detracting from the generality hereof, shall include war or the threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural or man-made disasters, nuclear incidents, extreme weather conditions, disease, fire and all other occurrences whether or not of a similar nature or not, that we do not control.
Changes by us
We have the right to make changes to the agreed itinerary where a supplier or hospital is unable or unwilling to deliver all or part of the required services, or if, in our sole discretion, we consider it necessary because of local conditions or for reasons of safety, comfort and quality of the student experience.
If your government, or the government of the United Kingdom Foreign and Commonwealth Office issues travel advice through their website or by public announcement or press statements advising British citizens not to travel to the destination where you have been placed, this will fall under the force majeure provisions of this agreement. However, we may in our sole and absolute discretion offer you a place you in a course in the nearest possible equivalent destination if you pay for any additional travel costs or flight changes which you may accept or reject as you see fit.
Cancellation by us
We may cancel with a full refund of all fees paid without giving any reason and without any further compensation up to 60 days before the booked course commencement date. Thereafter, if we should cancel, we shall, in addition to a full refund of all fees paid, pay compensation on the following scale based on the number of days remaining before the booked course commencement date:
42-59 days £50
29-41 days £75
28 days or fewer £100
We will not be liable for any costs of flights cancelled due to our cancellation as you have warranted that such bookings will be fully flexible and refundable.
Correspondence by email
By completing a booking, you agree to receive correspondence and documents by email which we will send you prior to the attendees arrival date, giving you information on their destination and providing you with certain information and offers relevant to the booking and destination, and an email which we may send to you promptly after the attendee’s stay inviting them to complete our review form. Please see our Privacy and Cookies Policy for more information about how we may contact you.
In order to duly complete and secure your booking, you need to use your correct email address. We are not responsible or liable for (and have no obligation to verify) any wrong or misspelled email address or inaccurate or wrong phone number or credit card number.
All completed guest reviews may be uploaded for public viewing on the Website for the sole purpose of informing (future) customers of attendees’ opinion of the quality of the Product.
Guest reviews may be (wholly or partly) used by us in our sole discretion for marketing, promotion or improvement of our service.
We reserve the right to adjust, refuse or remove reviews at our sole discretion.
By uploading photos/images onto our system (for instance in addition to a review)
- you certify, warrant and agree that you own the copyright to the photos/images and
- you agree that we may use the uploaded photos/images on the Website, and
in online/offline promotional materials and publications and as we at our own discretion decide;
- grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable, unconditional, perpetual right and license to use, reproduce, display, have reproduced, distribute, sublicense, communicate and make available the photos/images as we see fit;
- accept full legal and moral responsibility of any and all legal claims that are made by any third parties (including, but not limited to, property owners) due to us publishing and using these photos/images.
- assume responsibility for the truthfulness, validity and right to use of all uploaded photos/images;
- warrant that the photos/images shall not contain any viruses, Trojan horses or infected files and do not contain any pornographic, illegal, obscene, insulting, objectionable or inappropriate material and do not infringe any third party (intellectual property right, copyright or privacy) rights;
- agree that any photo/image that does not meet the aforesaid criteria will not be posted and/or can be removed/deleted by us at any time and without prior notice.
Intellectual Property Rights
Unless stated otherwise, the software required for our services or available on or used by the Website and the intellectual property rights (including the copyrights) of the contents and information of and material on our Website are owned by or used under licence by us and/or our providers.
We, and/or our licensors exclusively retain ownership of all rights, title and interest in and to all intellectual property rights of the Website on which the service is made available including the guest reviews and no person other than we are entitled to copy, scrape, link to, publish, promote, market, integrate, utilize, combine or otherwise use the content (including any translations thereof and the guest reviews) or our brand without our express written permission.
To the extent that you own any intellectual property rights in the Website or copyright of any content or guest reviews, you hereby assign, transfer and set over all such intellectual property rights and copyright to us.
Any unlawful use or any of the aforementioned actions or behaviour will constitute a material infringement of our intellectual property rights, including copyright and database rights.
We do not own or endorse the photos/images that are uploaded; in Guest reviews and do not warrant that the photos/images shall not contain any viruses, Trojan horses or infected files and do not contain any pornographic, illegal, obscene, insulting, objectionable or inappropriate material and do not infringe any third party (intellectual property right, copyright or privacy) rights;
Claims and complaints
In the first instance, if a complain arises while the attendee is on a course, it should be raised with the course leader on sire or, if the problem relates to the course leader, then it can be raised with our in-country coordinator. If a remedy is not forthcoming, then the attendee may notify our UK office by email at info@AdastraXP.com and we will intervene if possible. All complaints will be recorded, but the in-country staff will attempt to resolve the problem immediately or with minimum delay.
On completion of your course if the attendee is still dissatisfied or thinks there is a claim, then please present the claim or complaint as quickly as possible, but in any event within 30 days after the completion oi the booked course. Timeous notification of claims or complaints is vital to enable us to investigate and deal with problems as quickly as possible and minimise the impact on attendees.
Any claim or complaint that's submitted after the 30-day period may be rejected, and the claimant shall forfeit their right to any (damage or cost) compensation.
To the extent permitted by law, we shall only be liable for direct damages actually suffered, paid or incurred by you due to attributable negligence in the performance of our obligations in respect of our services as set out herein, up to a maximum amount of the payments you made in respect of your booking as set out in the confirmation email.
If your claim is in respect of loss or damage to personal property including luggage, personal possessions, documents or money attributable to our negligence then the maximum amount we will have to pay you is £300.
The laws and regulations applicable in the country in which the services are provided shall be used to determine whether the services in question were properly provided even though standards and regulations may be different to or lower than those in your country of origin. If the services complied with local laws and regulations, then they shall be deemed to have been properly provided, unless the absence of a safety feature is such that a reasonable person would not have used the service in question had they known about the absence.
However, and to the extent permitted by law, neither we nor any of our officers, directors, employees, representatives, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, distributors, affiliate (distribution) partners, licensees, agents or others involved in creating, sponsoring, promoting, or otherwise making available the Product shall be liable for any punitive, special, indirect or consequential loss or damages nor for any property damage, or other (direct, indirect, special, consequential or punitive) damages, losses or costs suffered, incurred or paid by you, whether due to strike, force majeure or any other event beyond our control.
We accept no liability for the actions of third-party suppliers contracted by us to provide parts of the Product to you and you hereby acknowledge and accept that your action will be directly against such third-party supplier if you might have a claim resulting from any action by such third-party.
Your statutory rights are not affected by this disclaimer.
To the extent permitted by law and subject to anything stated herein to the contrary, these terms and conditions and the provision of our services shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales and any dispute arising out of these general terms and conditions and our services shall exclusively be submitted to the competent courts in England and Wales having jurisdiction.
If any provision of these terms and conditions is or becomes invalid, unenforceable or non-binding, you shall remain bound by all other provisions hereof. In such event, such invalid provision shall nonetheless be enforced to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and you hereby agree to accept a similar effect as the invalid, unenforceable or non-binding provision, given the contents and purpose of these terms and conditions.
Last updated 9th November 2018